The Employment Assistance Committee (EAC) focuses upon the needs of those engineers located in the Long Island area who prefer direct employment to independent consulting. The committee makes available materials, and provides periodic meetings and/or workshops, that address the following areas:
- Professional development of those who have chosen an engineering career path.
- Retaining and increasing the number of engineering employment opportunities on Long Island.
- Efforts that stress the “Value of an Engineer” and encourage more local students to go into the engineering field.
- Strategies that engineers can use to maintain employment in an uncertain job market.
- Benefit, compensation and work environment issues that engineers face.
- Retirement issues faced by those who have been employed as engineers.
- Non-technical topics that may be of interest to employed engineers.
- The needs of unemployed engineers.
- Sending dates of job fairs/leads, notices of potential jobs, & meetings/seminars providing guidance with resumes/job sites/interviews.
Industry on LI
To search for jobs, click on LI Company Web Sites
> Career Manager
Technical Meetings, Lectures and Events
News and Articles
Presented Slides, Viewgraphs and Materials
No Posts Found.