NOMINATIONS SOLICITED FOR 2017 IEEE REGION 1 AWARDS
The IEEE Region 1 Awards recognize significant accomplishments and contributions of volunteers in Region 1. There are two major categories, and several sub-categories, as listed below.
Please send your nominations to Jesse Taub, the Section’s Awards Chair at email@example.com. They will be reviewed by the Section’s Awards Committee. Nominations must be received on or before May 15, 2017. If you have any questions, please call 631-420-1564.
IEEE REGION 1 AWARDS
- Technological Innovation (Academic)
For distinguished development, advancement, and pursuit of the IEEE’s technical objectives
- Technological Innovation (Industry or Government)
For significant patents, for discovery of new devices, development of applications or exemplary contributions to industry or government
- Managerial Excellence in an Engineering Organization
For managerial excellence in organization, leadership, design and development
- Outstanding Teaching in an IEEE area of interest (University or College)
For outstanding contributions to education in an area of interest to the IEEE
- Outstanding Teaching in an IEEE Area of interest (Pre-University or College)
For improving communications between the IEEE and a student body; for support and service to a student body; for service and leadership to the student community
- Enhancement of the relationship between IEEE and Industry
For significant contributions in an enhanced IEEE-Industry relationship
- Enhancement of the IEEE or Engineering Profession’s Image with the Public
For significant contributions in developing an IEEE-Public relationship
- Outstanding Support for the Mission of the IEEE, MGA, Region 1 and Section
For outstanding service to the IEEE at the Chapter, Section, Region, MGA or National level
Lifetime Service Award
- The William Terry Distinguished Service Award
This award is intended to recognize those whose personal efforts have provided leadership, creativity, guidance, hard work and inspiration in a wide range of IEEE activities over a long period of time.